Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Thoughts to Shakespeare's Sonnet 7(Revised)

Today in Humanities class, we discussed more and thought deeper about the sonnet. We showed our thinking through performances: by drawing, playing music, and acting it out. All groups showed the sunrise and the sunset. Also, in all groups' performances, it seemed like it showed that the sun had the most power in the noon.

I think that now, I have a better knowledge of the sonnet after listening and seeing what others' inferences are on the sonnet. I still think it is about the sun rising and setting because of the first 2 lines of the sonnet. And then almost at the end where it says about looking another way, I think it means that after the people see the sun rising, then they don't give much attention to the sun and leaves to start their day.
And I think the last two sentences mean that even though people have adored you and really carred about you, if you didn't get a son, you will be pointless and people will not care about you anymore like the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment