Friday, September 11, 2009

My Name




Unknown like a single leaf on a green meadow. Outstanding. Difficult for some to sound. Bright as my personality. Graceful as a crane. Kindness flowing everywhere. Full of wonder as cranes flying and dancing together. Like an unknown forest in the middle of nowhere. A song of pleasure. A fantasy.

When my mom was pregnant, she wished to have a good and graceful girl. So my parents named me as ‘Sun Hae.’ Like most of the Korean names my name has a specific meaning when written in Chinese letters; ‘Sun’ means goodness and ‘Hae’ means grace.

Since I was a baby, my ear and heart was well acquainted with my name. Mom and dad used to call my name with heart-felt love and other family members also called me with a lovely voice.

Sometimes people question about the meaning of my name; they may think it’s weird or beautiful and they may also make an unidentifiable face. Although these kinds of concerns on my name are none that matters to me, I’m always ready to explain the meaning of it.

I love my name which was given by my parent. And I think I should have a responsibility to keep my name in bright shape. I used to pray to my God for the sake of my name. ‘Sun Hae’ should be a devoted Christian and a compassionate girl at school and future lives to come.

1 comment: